What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about browsing habits of a user or its equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, can be used to recognize the user.
What types of cookies are there and what are they used for?
There are several types of cookies and they can be used for a number of different purposes. The main ones are:
- Functional and technical cookies: They are strictly necessary to manage and operate the web and for the services expressly requested by the user. They allow the user to navigate through the website or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it. For example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access web parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, submit the request for registration or participation in an event, using security features during navigation and storing content for the broadcast of videos or sound. or participation in an event, using security features during navigation and storing content for the broadcast of videos or audios.
Also belonging to this category, due to their technical nature, are those cookies that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, as another element of design or «layout» of the service offered to the user, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform based on criteria such as the edited content, without collecting information from users for other purposes, such as personalizing that advertising content or other content.
- Preference or personalization cookies: They allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined in its terminal or that the user himself defines. For example, the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the selected content design, the geolocation of the terminal and the regional configuration where the service is accessed from.
- Analysis cookies: are those cookies that, treated either by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service. For this purpose, the navigation and behavior of a user on the website is analyzed in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data usage made by users of the service.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: are those that store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
- Depending on their durability they can be:
- Session Cookies: The validity expires when the browser is closed.
- Persistent Cookies: The validity can vary, since the data are still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period of time defined by the cookie manager. They disappear once they have fulfilled the purpose for which they were installed or when the user manually deletes them.
In addition, these cookies may be first-party or third-party cookies. The «Own» type cookies are used only by the owner of this website. That means, they are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided. «Third-party» cookies, on the other hand, are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies. An example of this are the statistical services of Google Analytics and Comscore.
Details of the cookies used on this website
On our website the user will find some of the cookies described above. Without prejudice to your right to limit and/or reject these cookies freely (all or some of them), we inform you that the details of the cookies used on this website are the following:
Third party managing it
WordPress multilingual plugin sets this cookie to store the current language/language settings.
Some of the third-party cookies that are installed have advertising / behavioral purposes. In the case of acceptance of third-party cookies, the data will be used by the entity that sends and manages such cookies. You can consult more information in this regard in the policies of these third parties, which can be accessed by clicking on the links indicated in the table above. Please note that if you accept third-party cookies, you must delete them from your browser options or from the system offered by the third party itself.
How can I disable or delete third-party cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
Refer to the documentation of the browser you have installed.
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
If you wish to reject Google Analytics cookies in all browsers, so that no information about you is sent to Google Analytics, you can download an add-on that performs this function from the link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.